We will show how the University of Ghana grading system and how to calculate your GPA if you are a student at the university in this post.
Like many other universities in the country, UG uses letter grades and numerical weightings corresponding to the letter grades. The numerical weightings reflect the quality of performance. Total numerical weightings reflect the quality of performance.
Student performance in a course shall be graded as follows:
|80 – 100||A||4.0||Outstanding|
|75 – 79||B+||3.5||Very Good|
|70 – 74||B||3.0||Good|
|65 – 69||C+||2.5||Fairly Good|
|60 – 64||C||2.0||Average|
|55 -59||D+||1.5||Below Average|
|50 – 54||D||1.0||Marginal Pass|
Note: *Although this is a failing grade, it may still be accepted as fulfilling the prerequisite for other courses.
Grade Interpretation Grade Point
X Fail 0
Z Disqualification 0
I Incomplete 0
Y Continuing 0
University of Ghana Final FGPA
Below is a guide to calculating your Final Grade Point Average at the University of Ghana.
CALCULATION OF FGPA
Terminologies in the Official Transcript from UG
- CCT– Cumulative Credits Taken
- CCP– Cumulative Credits Passed
- GPA– Grade Point Average
- FGPA– Final Grade Point Average
- GPT– Grade Point
- This is the total of all credit hours in courses taken
- It is usually based on course codes and not course titles
- It is calculated once.
- This is the total of all credit hours of passed courses
- Passed grades do not include grades E and F
- Grades A to D are calculated here
HOW TO CALCULATE GPA FOR THE UNIVERSITY OF GHANA
- GPAs are semester specific
- GPA= Total GPT/Total Credit
• Total Credits= 15
• GPA= 49.5/15
Check out our previous post here.