SLTF loan application portal for the 2020/2021 academic year has been opened to Ghana tertiary students who are pursuing accredited programmes in accredited tertiary institutions to apply for subsidized Loan.
According to the Students Loan Trust Fund Ghana (SLTF), students who have gained admission to pursue undergraduate programmes only qualifies to submit an application at the SLTF application portal.
SLTF loan qualification requirements
As part of the consideration for the student loan, prospective applicants will need to ensure that both their institution and programmes will make them eligible for the loan.
1. School is a tertiary Institution accredited by Ghana National Accreditation Board.
2. Programmes being offered are accredited by NAB
3. Loan is for only Ghanaian citizens living and schooling in Ghana
4. Only needy applicant will be considered
A borrower shall apply the loan granted from the Fund to defray personal expenses including fees, the cost of boarding, lodging, books, equipment and for other purposes that may be necessary for the borrower’s course of studies.
SLTF loan requirements of a guarantor
GUARANTORS AND GUARANTEE
Your loan application must be guaranteed by any one of the following guarantors (SSNIT contributor, Recognized Religious Body, Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assembly and Corporate body).
SNNIT Contributor Guarantor
a. Must be a Ghanaian
b. Must be an active contributor to the SSNIT pension scheme.
c. Must have contributed to the SSNIT scheme for at least 36 months or 3 years.
d. Must not be more than 53 years old.
e. Must not have guaranteed for more than one (1) person already. (Parents can however, guarantee for all their children)
a. Must be a member of a recognized, national religious body.
b. There must be evidence of the Institution’s decision to guarantee (Resolution).
Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies
a. There must be evidence of Resolution by the Assembly to guarantee student loans.
b. The resolution should indicate 2 authorized signatories.
c. Signatories must include the Chief Executive.
a. The company must be a member of Ghana club 100 and/or a company listed on the Ghana Stock at the time of guarantee.
b. There must be a board resolution authorizing the guarantee.
c. Two signatories are required and should at least be in the Senior Management position.
SLTF loan application requirements
Before an applicant applies for the loan at the SLTF loan application portal he/she will require the following in order to successfully apply. Until these are provided the application will not be successful.
1. Telephone number of both applicant and guarantor
2. An E-zwich account that should be linked to your Bank account in the same bank.
3. social security number (Register at any SSNIT office for a social security number)
4. Should be a registered student of his/her school
4. Must have one personal guarantor who should either be an SSNIT contributor, MMDA, Religious Body or a Corporate Body. Please refer to the guarantor requirement for details.
5. Two passport size photographs.
The Trust in a blog post sighted by Educationweb.com.gh has said students may use your social security reference number to apply for the loan.