The management of the National Teaching Council (NTC) following the impending conduct of the 8th GTLE has opened the teacher licensure exams registration portal for interested candidates to register for the 2022 national examination.
Registration for the first phase of the 2022 Ghana teacher licensure examination (GTLE) slated to be administered on 19th – 20th May 2022 will commence on April 5, 2022, and end on April 26, 2022, with no extension of the deadline.
Eligibility for the licensure examination.
1. Candidates who hold a Diploma in Basic Education (DBE), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) or a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), M.Ed and are desirous of becoming professional teachers.
The candidates are to apply online at exams.ntc.gov.gh and complete the application form for the licensure examination.
2. All the above-mentioned candidates who completed in 2021 or before qualify to write the examination at a Centre of their choice.
3. Candidates who wrote the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination but were unsuccessful in some papers may register to re-sit.
Fees for registration:
a) Fresh candidates are required to pay GHȻ 350.00 to register for the examination.
b) Candidates who are re-sitting a paper are to pay GHȻ 150.00.
c) Candidates who are re-sitting two (2) papers are to pay GHȻ 210.00.
d) Candidates who are re-sitting all three (3) papers are to pay GHȻ 350.00.
Payment for the Ghana teacher licensure examination registration can be made at any branch of Prudential Bank Ltd nationwide or Mobile money Payment can be made through the shortcode *772*51# across all networks
For banking payment, the National Teaching Council (NTC) has urged prospective candidates registering to sit for the teacher licensure examination to notify the bank as fresh students, re-sitting one, two or three papers.
How to register for the 8th teacher licensure examination
1. Take Pin and Serial No. from the Bank after payment.
2. Log onto exams.ntc.gov.gh
3. Enter your e-voucher Serial no. and Pin
4. Fill in all the fields and remember to upload your passport-size photograph (NTC will not accept any request for a change of photograph after the examination.)
5. Review information provided and submit.
6. Print Summary of the inputs made and examination regulations
Candidates the management of the Teaching Council has said should keep their Pin and Serial number secured or reserved after registration for the licensure examination for further use after the national teachers’ examination.
GTLE is to enable qualified teachers to acquire a professional licence to meet the demands of the National Teachers’ Standards of possessing the minimum knowledge, skills, values and attitudes necessary to deliver effectively in schools.