The UKZN Student Relief Fund is a fund-raising program that provides bursary assistance to students who are financially needy and unfunded, enabling them to register for classes in 2023.
This topic will explain the eligibility criteria, application process, and outcome of the fund. It will also provide the relevant links and contact details for further information and assistance.
Steps to Apply for UKZN Student Relief Fund
Step 1: Check your eligibility
To be eligible for this fund, you must meet the following criteria:
- You intend to register as a full-time student at UKZN in 2023.
- You have historical debt outside of your current sponsor/bursary or scholarship.
- You wish to apply for the SRC Trust Funding that will assist you with registration fees or historical debt.
- Your gross family income is below R350,000 per annum and you can provide proof of being needy. The lowest family income principle will be applied.
- You have an average pass rate of at least 55% in the previous year. If there are more applicants than funds available, selection will start from the highest performing student.
- You have completed your qualification within the prescribed duration. If there are more applicants than funds available, duration will be considered as well.
- If you are a research student, you must also submit a progress report or supervisor motivation on your progress and plans towards completion.
Step 2: Complete the application form
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can download the application form from [here].
- You must fill in all the required fields and provide all the supporting documents, such as:
- A certified copy of your ID or passport
- A certified copy of your academic record
- A proof of income for yourself and your parents/guardians/spouse
- A motivation letter explaining why you need the fund and how it will help you achieve your academic goals
- A progress report or supervisor motivation if you are a research student
- Applications with missing or incomplete information or documents will be declined.
Step 3: Submit your application form
- After completing the application form and attaching all the supporting documents, you must send them to the Financial Aid Advisor for your College/Campus as indicated in the application form².
- You can find the contact details of the Financial Aid Advisors [here].
- You must submit your application by 27 January 2023 at 16:00. No late applications will be considered.
Step 4: Wait for the outcome
- The UKZN Student Funding Department will review your application and notify you of the outcome via email or SMS².
- The number of awards will depend on the amount of funds raised².
- If you are successful, you will receive a bursary letter that will indicate the amount and conditions of the fund.
- If you are unsuccessful, you can contact the Financial Aid Advisor for your College/Campus to inquire about other funding opportunities.
To apply for this fund, students need to check their eligibility, complete the application form, submit it to the Financial Aid Advisor for their College/Campus, and wait for the outcome. The fund is limited and competitive, so students are advised to apply as soon as possible and provide all the required information and documents. The fund is a great opportunity for students to pursue their academic dreams at UKZN.