Blackboard is the Learning Management System (LMS) used by Stony Brook University to house course materials and deliver online classes. You can check your grades, syllabus, assignments due, and communicate with your instructors.
Read Also: How to log into eCampus and eConnect Portal
How to Log into Stony Brook University blackboard
To Log in, print your syllabus and get ready for the start of the term:
- Go to http://www.blackboard.stonybrook.edu
- This will take you to the stony brook blackboard Login page.
- Use your student username and password to log in
Accessing Your Course in Stony brook blackboard
- The “Institution Page” is the first thing you see after logging in to Cod blackboard.
- To access your courses, select “Courses” in the menu on the left side of the screen. Click the name of a course to access it.
- Click on the course link that appears under ‘My Courses’
- Begin exploring the content of your course by utilizing the menu bar on the left side of your screen
- Start by reviewing the syllabus and then continue by clicking on the course content
How to log into Stony Brook email
Google Mail is the preferred email system at Stony Brook University for faculty, staff, and students on West Campus, Southampton, Manhattan, and select departments within the Health Sciences Center.
Members of Stony Brook Medicine, including Stony Brook Hospital and the School of Dental Medicine, will continue to use Microsoft Exchange for email due to HIPAA compliance requirements.
To log into Stony brook University Email Portal
- Access your student email account at https://sso.cc.stonybrook.edu/idp/profile/SAML2/Redirect/SSO?execution=e1s1
- This redirects you to the Stony brook email Login page
- Enter your student username when prompted for a username.
- Enter your Student Portal password into the field labeled password.