The government, Organised Labour and Employers after months of negotiation on the 2021 and 2022 base pay July 2, 2021, reached a consensus for 4% and 7% increment for the years 2021 and 2022 respectively.
The Organized labour at the negotiation meeting proposed a 15% increment for both years and subsequently came down to 10% for 2021 and 2022, but the government offered a 4% increase for 2021 and 7% for 2022.
Government after the 4% and 7% agreement also accepted to comply with the below conditions of the Organised Labour; Agreement takes effect from January 1, 2021, with the payment of arrears spread as follows
1. Month of arrears payment added on to August, September, October, November and 2 months arrears on December 2021 making the 6 months arrears.
2. There will be no retrenchment during the period.
3. That government should continue to recruit in the public sector
4. That government ensure Covid-19 vaccines are made avail able for public sector workers
5. That government ensure full payment of Tier 2 pension.