The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has released the WASSCE school results of prospective candidates from Nigeria who sat for the 2021 edition of the international examination with an outstanding pass rate of 81.7%.
However, the Council is yet to release the examination results of Ghanaian WASSCE graduates. A WAEC staff has told EducationWeb plans are far advanced for his outfit to release the much expected 2021 WASSCE results in due course.
Asked if the non-profit-making organization (WAEC) is considering blocking the results of some 92,331 candidates as stated in a purported statement, he said no such decision has been taken by WAEC adding that it’s false information.
The WAEC official has consequently urged the members of the general public particularly SHS graduates awaiting their results to be wary of some unscrupulous individuals who contact them to pay a fee for the results to be changed.
He indicated that the soon to be released international examination results will be published only on the WAEC results checking portal at https://ghana.waecdirect.org/ for students to check with a WAEC results scratch card or voucher.
A total of 446,321 representing 221,437 males and 234,884 females from 965 Senior High Schools participated in the just ended West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) administered at 763 exams centres.
How to check 2021 WAEC WASSCE result using scratch card
1. Purchase a scratch card from any WAEC office or approved results checker card seller/vendor across the country.
2. Visit the result checking portal at https://ghana.waecdirect.org/
3. Enter your Index Number
4. Select the Type of Examination (e.g. WASSCE).
5. Enter the 12-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your Voucher eg. 012345678912.
6. Confirm your Index Number and Examination Year. This is to ensure that your examination information is correct.
7. Click on Submit and wait for the display in the popup window. This may take several minutes.
Congratulations as you successfully check your results. If in case you encounter any problem do not hesitate to send an email to WaecghanaSupport@fleettechltd.com to receive immediate support or assistance directly from WAEC.