The University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA) distance learning school, Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) first accredited online distance learning institution, has opened admission to the under-listed postgraduate programmes for the 2021/2022 academic year.
UPSA in a blog post sighted by EducationWeb.com.gh said the distance learning admission to the under-listed postgraduate programmes is offered in blended mode with more than 70% online learning interactions and activities.
Courses will be delivered in a modular format to be taken by students one course at a time. This means students will take a course/module one at a time within 5 weeks as follows:
- Week 1 to 4 – online activities and interactions
- End of week 4 – Face-to-face or E-Tutoring (live session) for revision
- End of Week 5 – End of course/module face-to-face examination*
There will be two weeks break at the end of taking three (3) courses in succession.
General Entry Requirements
Applicants who possess any of the following can apply:
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognised university/institution in relevant discipline with;
- a second class lower or better
- a third class, however, such applicants will be required to go through screening and selection interview to ascertain their suitability for admission
- Relevant recognized full professional qualification such as ICAG, ACCA, CIMA, CIM, CPA, ICSA and CIB.
- International applicants with a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in related fields established by NAB. Evidence of proficiency in the English Language will be required in the case of applicants from non-English speaking countries.
How to Apply
Online Serial Numbers (OSN) for UPSA are available for purchase at the cost of GH¢200.00 for Ghanaian Applicants and US$120.00 for International Applicants at the following sales points:
- Any Ecobank or Access Bank branch nation-wide
- Any Ghana Post (Post Office) branch nation-wide
- By Visa/Master Card/Mobile Money using the link http://interpayafrica.com/custom/upsa
- By mobile money (all networks) shortcode: *887*18#
Completion of Online Application Form
All applications must be completed on-line i.e
- Log on to admissions.upsa.edu.gh
- Use the Online Serial Numbers (OSN) and the receipt number to access the on-line application form.
- Fill in the application form and submit it online
Attachment of Supporting Documents
All applicants are expected to scan and attach the following documents to their online application forms. All such documents should be in PDF format.
- Certified copies of all certificates
- Certified copies of transcript (s) of academic records
- Certificates confirmed by the professional body is required for professional applicants
- Birth certificate
- Two (2) completed referee reports
- A vision statement for MBA/MSc. applicant
- Research proposal for MPhil applicants