The Management of the University of Professional Studies (UPSA) as part of efforts to reduce the spread of the virus on campus as school reopens has outlined some COVID-19 protocols to be adhered to by students and staff.
UPSA COVID-19 protocols for students, staff
• Students are to ensure that they are free from COVID-19 symptoms before reporting to the campus (Click here for a list of symptoms).
• The University will provide a safe and conducive environment for all staff, students and visitors; and will ensure the strict adherence to the WHO and Ghana Health Service safety protocols.
• The ‘No mask; no entry’ policy will be enforced at all times. Security Personnel has been directed to enforce this policy.
• Members of the University community are advised to frequently wash their hands using Veronica buckets that will be positioned at vantage points and in front of lecture halls.
• Students are encouraged to carry hand sanitisers at all times.
• Staff, students and visitors are advised to submit themselves to the temperature test; adhere to basic good hygiene, social distancing and mask-wearing protocols at all times.
• There shall be no mass gathering of students except for teaching and learning.
• Maintain Physical Distancing:
• Note that maintaining space between yourself and others is the best practice and one of the best tools to reduce your risk of infection.
• Maintain at least 6 feet (about two arm’s length) distance between yourself and others.
• Avoid handshaking, hugging and other personal contacts.
• Students should always remember to cover their mouths and noses with bent elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing.
• Students and employees are encouraged to stay home if a household member is diagnosed with COVID-19.
• Faculty, staff and students who become aware of anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 should report to the Medical Director at the University Clinic.
• Students are advised to monitor their health at all times and to watch out for symptoms of the COVID-19. They are also advised to first check their temperature if they feel sick.
• An isolation Centre will be provided by the University; Students are, therefore, encouraged to report to the UPSA Medical Centre for immediate medical attention if they experience any of the symptoms.
• All students should be prepared to self-quarantine if need be.
UPSA’s COVID-19 protocols arrangement come after President Akufo-Addo in his 21st nation’s address monitored by Educationweb.com.gh directed students to return back to school effective January 15, 2021.