The University of Bologna is a renowned public research university located in the city of Bologna, Italy. It is one of the oldest universities in Europe, dating back to 1088, and is considered to be the oldest continuously operating university in the world.
The university is composed of several campuses, with the main campus located in the historic center of Bologna. It has a large student population, with over 85,000 students enrolled in undergraduate and graduate programs.
The University of Bologna has a strong international presence, with partnerships and collaborations with universities and research institutions around the world. It is also a member of the prestigious Coimbra Group, an association of leading European universities.
The acceptance rate at the University of Bologna varies depending on the program and level of study. Generally speaking, admission to undergraduate programs is highly competitive, with acceptance rates ranging from 5% to 20%. For graduate programs, acceptance rates can vary widely, depending on the program and the number of applicants.
It is important to note that admission to the University of Bologna is based on a variety of factors, including academic performance, entrance exams, language proficiency, and other criteria specific to each program. International students may also be subject to additional requirements, such as visa and immigration requirements.
- Visit the official website of the institution.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Register Here’
- Complete filling your education history with all the qualifications.
- Fill in the details of your employment history.
- Fill in your personal statement.
- Submit the application form by paying the mentioned fees.
- All official academic transcripts and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- Updated CV/Resume
- English language proficiency test scores
- Letter of recommendations
- Statement of Purpose
The University of Bologna offers a wide range of academic programs in various fields, including arts and humanities, engineering, law, medicine, and science. It has a strong reputation for its research and has produced many notable scholars and scientists over the centuries.
Click here to read more programmes
University of Bologna fees
The tuition fees at the University of Bologna vary depending on several factors, including the program of study, the level of study, and the student’s nationality. Here is some general information about the fees:
- Bachelor’s and Master’s programs: For EU citizens, tuition fees range from €156 to €2,073 per year, depending on the program of study. Non-EU citizens generally pay higher fees, ranging from €2,074 to €3,748 per year, again depending on the program of study.
- PhD programs: The tuition fees for PhD programs vary depending on the specific program and are generally higher than for Bachelor’s and Master’s programs. For example, the tuition fees for the PhD in Economics are €2,156 per year for EU citizens and €4,656 per year for non-EU citizens.
- Additional fees: In addition to tuition fees, students may need to pay for books, materials, and other expenses associated with their program of study.
It’s important to note that the University of Bologna offers a range of scholarships and financial aid options to help students with the cost of tuition and living expenses. These can be merit-based or need-based, and students are encouraged to check the university’s website for more information on available options.
The University of Bologna is a well-respected institution and has been ranked highly in several international rankings. Here are some of the most recent rankings for the University of Bologna:
- QS World University Rankings 2022: ranked 188th globally, and 5th in Italy
- Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022: ranked 201-250th globally, and 5th in Italy
- Academic Ranking of World Universities 2021: ranked 151-200th globally, and 4th in Italy
- US News & World Report Best Global Universities Rankings 2022: ranked 141st globally, and 4th in Italy
It’s worth noting that rankings can vary depending on the methodology used, so it’s important to consider multiple sources when evaluating the quality of an institution.