The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) after EduWatch raised concern over changes in WASSCE results of candidates has said a technical hitch on Friday, December 10, 2021, caused the error but has been resolved.
In a blog post sighted by EducationWeb.com.gh, WAEC said “one of the Council’s platforms, eresults.waecgh.org, used for checking of results experienced a technical hitch on Friday, 10th December 2021 between 4.45 p.m. and 6.00 p.m
This resulted in subjects that originally had Grade B3 with the interpretation, GOOD being changed to Grade A1 with the interpretation GOOD still showing, indicating an error. The system has been shut down and the problem resolved.”
The Management of the non-profit-making organization (WAEC) apologising to the general public particularly candidates in the blog post said “members of the public are assured that our results database is secure and intact.”
A total of 446,352 candidates, made up of 221,439 (49.6%) boys and 224,913 (50.4%) girls from 965 schools entered for the examination. A total of 3,545 (0.79%) of the candidates who registered were absent from the examination.
How to check your 2021 WASSCE for School result at eresults.waecgh.org
1. Purchase a result checker from WAEC by dialling the shortcode *944# on your mobile phone.
3. Enter your Index Number
4. Re-enter your Index Number to confirm it is correct.
5. Select Examination type (e.g WASSCE School)
6. Select the year of Examination (e.g 2021)
7. Enter Serial number (e.g 180000000001)
8. Enter Pin (e.g A1B2C3D4E5F9)
9. Click on the captcha
10. Click on Submit and wait for the popup window to display your results. This may take some minutes but please wait.
Please do not hesitate to send an email to https://helpdesk.waecgh.org/ for immediate assistance and support if in case you encounter difficulties in checking your results and be wary of fraudsters who promise to upgrade the result.