The Ministry of Education following this year’s World Autism Awareness Day has encouraged parents to learn about the early signs of Autism as the Ministry believe in Inclusive education and accept persons with Autism.
Autism is a developmental disorder characterized by difficulties with social interaction and communication, and by restricted and repetitive behaviour.
Dr Yaw Adutwum in a social media post sighted by Educationweb.com.gh outlined signs of Autism as follows;
1. Limited or no eye contact
2. Difficulty in communication
3. No pointing, waving or clapping
4. Child prefers to be alone
5. Little or no response to name
6. Flapping of hands, rocking or spinning