The PMP certification is a project management certification offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI). It is designed to certify individuals who have the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to manage projects successfully. The certification is based on the PMBOK Guide, which is the most widely accepted guide to project management. According to the Project Management Institute (PMI), which oversees the certification, there are over a million PMP holders worldwide. It is useful to project managers in almost every area, including business, information technology (IT), construction, and health.
PMP Certification cost in Ghana
Typically, it costs $405 for PMI members and $555 for non-members per semester to enroll in a project management course in Ghana and earn a PMP certification. The following PMP® certification in Accra exam fees are for PMI® members and nonmembers:
|PMP® Certification Exam fee with PMI Membership||$405|
|PMP® Certification Exam fee without PMI Membership||$555|
|PMI® Membership fee||$139|
|PMI® Membership renewal fee||$129 per year|
|Re-examination fee for PMI® members||$275|
|Re-examination fee for non-members||$375|
By signing up as a PMI® member, students who successfully complete the Accra PMP® certification course can avoid paying US$150 in exam fees. Members of PMI receive free access to project management resources and the PMBOK® Guide –Sixth Edition. For the PMP® Certification Exam, the PMBOK® Guide is a crucial study guide. Free exams are also available to all PMI members.
Universities/Institutions that offers PMP Certification / Masters
Project Management is a postgraduate course that is offered by the majority of institutions in Ghana. The objective of the MBA or MSc Project Management program is to provide graduates with the necessary abilities and information to assume senior-level positions in project planning, costing, development, delivery, and evaluation.
The list of Ghanaian colleges and universities that offer project management at the BSc and MSc levels is provided below, some universities, however, solely provide MBAs in project management;
- Lancaster University, Ghana
- Bluecrest College
- University of Cape Coast
- Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA)
- Pentecost University, Ghana
- Wisconsin International University College, Ghana
- Ghana Technology University College
- Zentech I.T Solutions, Tesano
- School of IT, Management and Professional Studies- SITMAP, Accra
Requirements for PMP Certifications
The PMP® certification is an essential professional requirement for senior project manager roles across all industries. Example of these roles are Project Managers, Associate/Assistant Project Managers, Team Leads/Team Managers, Project Executives/Project Engineers, Software Developers, and any other professional aspiring to be a Project Manager.
Before you are qualified to take the PMP Certification exam, you must first fulfill a number of requirements set forth by the Project Management Institute (PMI). The PMP Certification test will be available to you once you have satisfied these requirements. The following are the specific requirements you must have to enable you qualify;
- High School Diploma, Associate’s Degree, or Global Equivalent
- Minimum of 60 months/5 years of unique non-overlapping professional project management experience with 7,500 hours in leading and directing projects, and 35 contact hours of formal project management education (satisfied by PMA’s PMP training course).
- Bachelor’s Degree (Four-year Degree) or Global Equivalent
- Minimum of 36 months/3 years of unique non-overlapping professional project management experience with 4,500 hours in leading and directing projects, and 35 contact hours of formal project management education (satisfied by PMA’s PMP training course).
How to register for PMP exams in Ghana
If you want to register for the PMP exams, you will need to visit the PMP website. There, you can find all of the information you need to register. The PMP certification exam is administered by the Project Management Institute (PMI);
- To apply for the exam, you must first create a PMI account and then log in to the PMI website. Next, you will need to fill out an application form and submit it along with the required documentation.
- Once your application has been approved, you will be able to schedule your exam.
- To prepare for the exam, you should review the PMP Exam Content Outline and familiarize yourself with the format of the exam.
Follow the following steps in detail to register for the PMP Exams;
Step 1: Register to become a member of the Project Management Institute (PMI)®.
It costs $139 to become a member, but it saves you money on exam fees.
The standard non-member price to take the exam is $555. The PMI member price for the exam is $405.
Step 2: Take our PMP Certification Training course to satisfy the required 35 hours of education requirement.
Study resources are included in the course to help you prepare for the exam.
You will receive a certificate of completion after completing the course which can be used to apply for the exam.
Step 3: Submit your PMP application online.
PMI® will review your application and respond within 5 business days.
Once your application is approved you will receive an invitation to pay for and schedule the exam.
Step 4: Schedule your exam with Pearson VUE.
You have one year to take the exam after your application has been approved.
You may take the PMP certification exam up to three (3) times during the eligibility period.
To learn more about the testing centers and online testing options, please visit Pearson VUE.
Step 5: Take and Pass the PMP Certification Exam
The PMP Exam is 180 questions with a 230-minute time limit.
The questions are broken down into 3 domains: Process (50%), People (42%), and Business Environment (8%).
Where to study PMP in UK
When it comes to finding the right course that will prepare you for the PMP certification, you have plenty of options to choose from. However, before making a decision, it is important to do your research and consider the pros and cons of each program.
Below, we’ve outlined the top schools where you can study PMP certification in the UK.
- University of Manchester
- Lancaster University
- University of Sussex
- University of Warwick
- University of Southampton
- University of Bristol
- University of Birmingham
- Nottingham Trent University
- University of London
- Birmingham City University
- Queens University Belfast
- Leeds Beckett University
- University of Hertfordshire
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- University of Salford.
The PMP certification exam is administered by the Project Management Institute (PMI). To apply for the exam, you must first create a PMI account and then log in to the PMI website. Next, you will need to fill out an application form and submit it along with the required documentation. Once your application has been approved, you will be able to schedule your exam. To prepare for the exam, you should review the PMP Exam Content Outline and familiarize yourself with the format of the exam.