The University of Oxford is one of the world’s oldest and most distinguished institutions. Oxford University rocks shoulders with Top universities such as Oxford, Stanford University, Harvard University, University College London, UC Berkeley, Cambridge, Caltech, MIT, Purdue, Portsmouth, Southern New Hampshire University and among others.
Students from some of Ghana’s top high schools, including Ghana International School, Lincoln Community School, SOS-Hermann Gmeiner International College, Liberty American School, and others, are easily admitted to the schools listed above.
who is the vice chancellor of oxford University?
The Vice-Chancellor of the University of Oxford is Professor Louise Richardson. He has been the VC of Oxford since January 2016. Her research is focused on international security.
Who runs University of Oxford?
- Since 2003, The Lord Patten of Barnes of the Conservative Party has served as Chancellor of Oxford.
- He is married to Lavender Patten since 1971 with three children.
- The Oxford’s Chancellor has an estimated net worth of $200,00 according to reports on networthpost.org
Is Oxford a free University?
How much is Oxford tuition?
Oxford has revealed on its official website that the annual fees for UK students are £9,250 for the 2022-23 academic year.
Oxford university acceptance rate
As of 2015, the acceptance rate for admission to Oxford University was around 17.5 percent.
oxford university acceptance rate for international students
As of last year, 2021, the acceptance rate for international Undergraduate students at Oxford University was 9%. Prospect Applicants need to know that admission into Oxford is competitive.
Is Oxford Ivy League?
Oxford University is not one of the prestigious lvy League schools. The University of Pennsylvania is an Ivy League institution.
Oxford is well-positioned both locally and globally in university rankings.
Is Oxford Number 1 in the world?
- According to US News Report, the prestigious University of Oxford is ranked fifth among Best Global Universities.
- The University of Oxford is ranked first in the Times Higher Education Rankings 2022 World Universities Rankings.
- Oxford is ranked #2 in the topuniversities.com ranking of the top 100 universities in the United States.
Who was the first chancellor of Oxford University?
Robert Rygge is the first Vice Chancellor of Oxford.
Oxford University Calendar
Payment, submission, and notice deadlines for events on the Oxford 2021-2022 Calendar can be found here.
Top 10 Notable Alumni of the University of Oxford
Former Presidents of Nations, Prestigious Politicians, and Renowned Scholars have all graduated from Oxford, establishing the university as one with a rich history both nationally and globally.
Their alumnus and alumnae work in some of the most prestigious industries in the world.
|J. R. R. Tolkien||Author||South Africa|
|Anthony Eden||Politician||United Kingdom|
|Rupert Murdoch||Businessman, Investor, and Media Tycoon||Australia|
|Kellyanne Conway||Political Consultant||United States of America|
|Aung San Suu Kyi||Politician||Myanmar|
|Lewis Carroll||Writer||United Kingdom|
|Richard Dawkins||Biologist and Author||Kenya|
Below is a little biography of the top 10 notable alumni of the University of Oxford:
J. R. R. Tolkien
- John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, a Renowned English writer was an Alumnus of Oxford.
- From 1916 to 1971, he was married to Edith Tolkien. Christopher Tolkien, Priscilla Tolkien, Michael Tolkien, John Francis Reuel Tolkien, and Priscilla Reuel Tolkien were their five children.
- Malala Yousafzai, also known as Malala, is a Pakistani female education activist and the youngest Nobel Prize laureate.
- Her husband is Asser Malik. They married in 2021. They have no children yet. Her net worth is $2 million.
- Another Notable Oxford University Alumnus is the Australian-born American billionaire businessman and media mogul, Rupert Murdoch.
- Among the news outlets founded by the Oxford Graduate are Fox News, Sky News, Sky Italia, Sky Espana, News Corporation, and others.
- The 91-year-old Media Tycoon is said to have been married four times.
- Jerry Hall is his current wife.
- His wife, Hall, is a sought-after model in both the United States and around the world.
- Rupert Murdoch of the Republican Party has six children.
- Lachlan Murdoch, James Murdoch, Elisabeth Murdoch, Grace Murdoch, Chloe Murdoch, and Prudence Murdoch are his children.
- Th Current net worth of Rupert Murdoch is $20.7 Billion according to Forbes.
- On Forbes’ website, he is listed as one of the top #100 Billionaires.
- Investopedia’s well-documented article explains how Rupert became a media tycoon.
- Kellyanne Elizabeth Conway, an Oxford Alumna, is a political consultant in the United States.
- She worked as Senior Counselor to the President in Donald Trump’s administration.
- George T. Conway III, an American lawyer and conservative political activist, is her husband.
- Her Husband has an estimated net worth of $39 Million.
- They have four children together including Claudia Conway, Charlotte Conway, Vanessa Conway, and George Conway.
- Kellyanne Elizabeth Conway has an estimated net worth is $39 million.
- Robert Gabriel Mugabe, Zimbabwe’s revolutionary leader and former Prime Minister, is an Oxford University alumnus.
- In his lifetime, he married twice. From 1961 to 1992, it was Ghana’s Sally Mugabe, and from 1996 to 2019, it was Grace Mugabe.
- His net worth at the time of his death was $20 million
- Robert Peter Mugabe Jr., Bona Mugabe, Chatunga Bellarmine Mugabe, and Michael Nhamodzenyika Mugabe were his four children.
- Imran Ahmed Khan Niazi of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf is the country’s 22nd Prime Minister and the chairman of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI).
- From 2005 to 2014, Imran served as chancellor of the University of Bradford in the United Kingdom.
- He is an Alumnus of the Oxford University.
- He is married to Bushra Bibi since 2018.
- Sarah Rafferty, a well-known American television personality, is an Oxford alumna.
- The 49 Years old Actress is married to Santtu Seppälä with two Children
- Sarah Rafferty has an estimated net worth of 3 Million USD.
Lewis Carroll, an Oxford alumnus, was also a well-known mathematician, photographer, and Anglican deacon.
What did Lewis Carroll invent?
The English Poet is known for inventing Word ladder and Nyctograph.
Did Lewis Carroll marry his cousin?
Yes, He married Frances Jane Lutwidge, his first cousin.
Richard Dawkins, an emeritus fellow of New College, Oxford, is the last person on the list.
From 1995 to 2008, Richard was also a Professor of Public Understanding of Science at the University of Oxford.
Other notable alumni includes; Sarah Rafferty, an American actress, Christopher Hitchens, T.S Eliot, Rachel Maddow, and others.
Contact Details of Oxford University
Oxford Phone Number: +44 1865 270000
UPenn Email Address: email@example.com
Oxford Instagram Page: http://instagram.com/oxford_uni
Oxford Twitter Handle: https://twitter.com/uniofoxford
Oxford YouTube handle: http://www.youtube.com/oxford
Oxford Facebook :https://www.facebook.com/the.university.of.oxford
Oxford LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/company/4477?trk=prof-exp-company-name