The National Teaching Council (NTC) has said it will each year conduct the teacher licensure exams (GTLE) twice a year, February and September for candidates from Colleges of Education or the teacher training Universities.
NTC in a blog post sighted by Educationweb.com.gh said candidates who are desirous of seeking employment as teachers with the Ghana Education Service (GES) are expected to apply online for the Licensure Examination.
The GTLE is made up of three (3) papers which are as follows:
- Essential Professional Skills – 60 multiple choice questions
- Literacy – 30 multiple choice questions, comprehension and essay
- Numeracy – 30 multiple choice questions and two written questions
It indicated each paper is marked out of 100 adding that “it does not undertake to refund registration fees” and reserves the right to cancel any entry at any stage before the examination if it is found to be irregular.
NTC GTLE instructions for 2021 candidates
The National Teaching Council (NTC) entreats prospective candidates to obey all instructions given by the supervisors and invigilators. In particular, they must enter and leave the hall when told to do so.
- Candidates must not give or receive any assistance in answering the examination questions.
2. Candidates must not talk to other candidates inside the examination hall.
3. Candidates must not tear part of the question papers and answer sheets.
4. Candidates must stop work when they are told to do so and must always hand over their script or answer booklets to the invigilators at the end of the examination.
5. Candidates must not remove any question/answer booklet from the examination hall. Examination papers remain the property of the NTC.
6. Candidates should not bring any book, paper, bag or other property into the examination hall.
7. The NTC does not accept responsibility for such books, bags or other property left by the candidates at the precincts of the examination hall.
8. Candidates may not be allowed into the examination hall after thirty (30) minutes of the commencement of the examination.
10. Candidates should not leave the examination hall within thirty (30) minutes of the commencement of the examination.
NTC GTLE arrangements for 2021 candidates
- Candidates must provide their own mathematical sets.
2. Candidates are required to write their answers with pen and blue ink, but pencils may be used only for diagrams and for shading (if any).
3. Electronic calculators of the silent, cordless and non-programmable type only shall be allowed in the examination.