The 10 recognised Private School Associations on October 28, 2020, held a stakeholder meeting chaired by the Executive Director of GNACOPS, Mr Enoch Kwasi Gyetuah to discuss issues in the private education sector.
In attendance at the historic maiden meeting were representatives of the eight (8) Private School Associations in Ghana, except CHOPSS and GNAPS who could not attend even though they were officially invited.
The Private education sector stakeholders at the meeting attended by Educationweb.com.gh agreed to continue the meeting going forward to develop one goal for the growth and development of private education.
list of private school Associations in Ghana
- Foundation of Education Research and Development (FERD)
- Association of International Schools (ASICS)
- National PTA Council
- Ghana National Council of Private Schools (GNACOPS)
- National Council for Private Early Childhood Growth and Development (NC.PECGD), made up of four(4) associations
- Civil Society Organizations in Education (IFEST, NEOGENICS EDUCATION, GNECC)
- Montessori Alliance of Ghana (MONTAG)
- National Council of Private School Teachers (NACOPST)
- The Conference of Heads of Private Second-Circle Schools (CHOPPS)
- Ghana National Association of Private Schools (GNAPS)
The National Executive Director of the Council of Private schools at the meeting assured all private schools to no matter the Association it belongs to keep calm at this moment as their challenges will be addressed soon.