WES (World Education Services) is an International Academic Agency that assesses academic credentials and certifies an applicant’s academic documents’ equivalence to international academic programs offered by universities in the United States and Canada. Check out our article here on how to Convert CWA to GPA in 4 minutes with WES iGPA Calculator.
In this article, Educationweb.com.gh will show you how to send your Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, KNUST and University of Ghana official Academic transcripts to World Education Services (WES) for evaluation purposes when applying to international graduate schools. Some international schools require an applicant’s transcripts to be evaluated by WES. Such schools include Tennessee State University, South Dakota State University, and Georgia Southern University, just to mention a few.
How much WES Charges for Transcripts evaluation
The official fees for WES evaluations of academic documents can be found here. For example, at the time of writing, WES charged $147 for WES ICAP and $102 for WES Basic on their Graduate Admissions Plan.
How long does WES evaluation take?
Following payment, “The standard processing time for a credential evaluation is seven business days after receipt, review, and approval of all documents, and full payment,” according to the WES official website.
How to apply for WES Evaluation
To Apply for your WES Evaluation of academic credentials for US or Canada Graduate, Fresh or Transfer Admission Applications.
- In a web browser, Go to https://applications.wes.org/createaccount/
- Click on the Country you are interested in (US/Canada)
- Please provide the email address below to create a new account at WES. We will send you a six-digit verification code from WES.
- Submit the Verification Code received via email
- Enter your personal information and Click on the account button
- Choose the purpose of Evaluation (Education, Immigration, Employment documents and Professional license certifications)
- Choose the level of education you are pursuing
- Add Credentials and follow the screen instructions
How to submit KNUST transcripts for evaluation
To submit your KNUST academic credentials to WES for evaluation and authentication;
- Go to transcript.knust.edu.gh and click on LOGIN
- Enter your username(i.e firstname.lastname@example.org) and password. NB: username is the email address you used during the registration process.
- Click LOG IN or press enters to login into the transcript system.
- Click “New Transcript” on the menu bar of the application.
- Select your “Programme of study” using the dropdown field. The programme of study you added during the profile creation will be displayed.
- Select “Official Copy” for Type of Transcript.
- Select “Normal” for Processing Type.
- Select “WES Secure Digital” for Delivery Mode.
- Provide your WES Reference Number.
- Provide your WES Account Email Address, this is the email address used during your WES account creation.
- Click the “Verify WES Details” button on the right to verify the information you provided. A success message will be displayed if the verification was successful else you will be prompted to provide the accurate details.
- Click Next to review your request. Please ensure that all details you provided are rightly displayed at the review page.
- Click Submit, to proceed to payment.
- Enter your mobile money Account Number
- Authenticate with your PIN to approve the payment.
How to submit University of Ghana transcripts for evaluation
Alumni of Ghana’s Premier University, the University of Ghana can successfully get their academic documents submitted to WES for credentials evaluation via email@example.com after requesting for their transcripts online.
What are WES Evaluation alternatives?
Other academic credential assessment agencies besides WES (World Education Services) include:
- International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES)
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS)
- Comparitive Education Services (CES) — University of Toronto, Canada
- International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
- Medical Council of Canada (for Doctors — specialist physician, general practitioner, family physician)
- Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (for Pharmacists)