The Council of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi, announces for the information of the Academic Community and the General Public, that the Position of PROVOST, COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING would be vacant effective Tuesday, 1st November, 2022.
The Provost is the Head of the College. He/she is responsible for providing leadership to the College and for maintaining and promoting efficiency and good governance of the College in accordance with policies and procedures prescribed by the Act and Statutes of the University.
- Must be of a Professorial rank or equivalent Grade
- Must be a distinguished scholar with capacity to motivate and direct staff
- Must exhibit a high sense of leadership qualities and organisational skills and must be above reproach
- Must possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Must be visionary, business-oriented and able to establish rapport between industry and the University for common purpose
- Must be sober with maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgement
- Must be able to attract grants for research and development activities for the College.
- Must be able to serve a full THREE-YEAR Term of Office before his/her SIXTIETH (60TH) BIRTHDAY.
Terms of Appointment
- The Appointment, which is full-time, shall be for THREE (3) YEARS in the first instance and may be renewed for another term of THREE (3) YEARS after evaluation of performance, altogether making a maximum of SIX (6) YEARS. The Candidate may opt to be a Faculty Member after serving the Two Terms before attaining the statutory retiring age of 60.
- The Successful Applicant shall be expected to assume duty by TUESDAY, 1ST NOVEMBER, 2022.
- Salary and fringe benefits attached to the position are attractive.
Interested Candidates are requested to submit an Application Letter together with Six (6) copies of the following:
- Curriculum Vitae, including Names and Addresses of TWO (2) REFEREES; and,
- A Two-Page Statement of Candidate’s Vision for the College (font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing).
Applications should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER marked “APPLICATION FOR PROVOST, COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING,” to reach the following addresses, not later than, MONDAY, 1ST AUGUST, 2022.
Search Committee for Provost
c/o The Registrar
Kwame Nkrumah University of
Science and Technology
Private Mail Bag
University Post Office
KNUST – Kumasi, Ghana
Search Committee for Provosts
c/o The Office Manager
Universities of Ghana Overseas Office
Ghana Universities House
321 City Road
London ECIV ILJ