The Ghana Education Service (GES) ahead of the 2021 school selection placement of candidates who will sit for the 31st edition of BECE has outlined some do’s and don’ts to assist the prospective candidates.
GES dos of 2021 school selection placement
1. Ensure you pay close attention to ALL of your school choices
2. Ensure that the schools are in order of preference from your first priority to the least priority.
3. Ensure that your compulsory Day option is within your catchment area where you can conveniently commute.
4. Ensure that as a parent/guardian you take an active interest in your child/ward’s school choices.
5. Ensure that you consult your child/ward’s teacher to obtain a realistic
prospect of the child’s chances of gaining admission to a particular school.
6. In the case of Technical Programmes, ensure that you consult the
school register to verify that the schools you select offer your desired
GES don’ts of 2021 school selection placement
1. Do not outsource school choices to someone without your express involvement.
2. Do not leave school choices to an internet cafe attendant in the case of self-placement.
3. Do not assume that you can choose a school as a Day Student and switch to Boarding upon admission.
4. Do not assume that you can choose a ‘less competitive’ Programme at a school and switch to a ‘more competitive’ one upon admission.
5. Do not choose schools based on where your friends are going or what programmes they want to read.
To ensure a smooth school placement of the graduates this year, parents and guardians of the JHS graduates have been urged by the Ghana Education Service to take a keen interest in the selection of the schools.