The most frequently asked question since the release of the 2020 SHS placement by candidates and parents is “What should I do after checking school placement. This article will show what next after placement.
For those asking for the reopening date students will report to the school, GES in an interview sighted by Educationweb.com.gh has said consultations are ongoing to review the 10th March 2021 school reopening date.
What to do after checking school placement
1. Print your 2020 BECE results slip (This is usually done before checking school placement, since the results are released ahead of the schools)
2. Print your school placement and enrolment form (Please note that both forms can be obtained after checking your school placement).
3. Put the three documents printed above in step 1, 2 and 3 in a brown envelope without sealing losing the envelope.
4. Get three recent passport pictures (We recommend at least 4 copies)
5. Visit the Junior High School (JHS) you completed with your parent, guardian or a sibling older than you and submit the placement enrolment form to the Headmaster/Headmistress to fill the necessary spaces provided.
The Headmaster/mistress after filling the placement enrolment form will sign, stamp and assign the passport picture on the submitted forms and give it back to you, please glance through it before leaving the school premises.
6. After that kindly go to the Senior High School (SHS) were you automatically or self-placed with all the document in the brown envelope
7. When arrived at the school (SHS), first go and check your name from the admission list on the notice board usually at the administration. The admission list contains a list of all candidates placed in the school by GES.
8. If you find your name, go and meet the school (SHS) headmaster or headmistress for further admission process.